- Attend a SW-PBS overview held by a Regional Professional Development Center
- Secure school and district administrator agreement.
- Secure commitment & agreement to implement from at least 80% of staff.
- Establish a SW-PBS leadership team at your school.
- Conduct an assessment of the current schoolwide discipline system.
- Submit a completed HO4-2016-2017 New School Application to your regional consultant
Once a school or district has made the commitment to implement SW-PBS, teams are trained through a series of state and regional workshops. Team members who are trained are expected to lead staff in the creation of the SW-PBS systems at the school, and to build capacity among staff members to implement SW-PBS with fidelity.
Typically a school will use the first year to participate in training, review current school processes, and prepare for full-scale implementation the following school year. In succeeding years additional training will be provided to assist schools’ progress and to provide technical support.
For more Information
Thank you for your interest and best of luck as you create safe and effective learning environments for students in your students.