District-wide Positive Behavior Support
What is District-wide Adoption
District-wide adoption of SW-PBS is a district commitment to preventative and proactive approach to student discipline. This creates the focus and alignment that allows the district to achieve important outcomes for students.
Why is it Important
District-wide Positive Behavior Support increases the likelihood of sustainable implementation.
- District leadership develops and implements systems that support schools in their implementation of SW-PBS.
- Districts align initiatives
- Layers in new initiatives without overwhelming staff
- Avoids redundant systems
- Initiatives complement rather than contradict
- Ensures efficient use of resources
- Aligns all district activities (budgeting, professional learning, etc.,) to important district goals
- Allocates resources to support district priorities
- Standardized procedures avoid “recreating the wheel”
- Clearly delineates district and school responsibilities
- Promotes district vision, mission, and priorities