This component is intended to assist teams as they develop the foundational knowledge and prerequisites for establishing effective and efficient Tier 2 interventions. The resources on this page are intended to supplement MO SW-PBS regional Tier 2 training.
- Identify key features of a SW-PBS Tier 2 system and characteristics of maximally effective interventions.
- Understand the basic concepts and process associated with intensifying supports for students who require additional intervention.
- Identify group-based interventions that may be appropriate for your context and will meet the needs of students and staff in your building.
- Determine readiness for development of Tier 2 against recommended criteria and ensure Tier 1 is fully in place as demonstrated by:
• Scores on the Schoolwide Evaluation Tool (SET) (Sugai, Horner & Todd, 2003) or Tiered Fidelity Inventory (TFI) (Anderson, et al., 2010).
• Team member and staff agreement that schoolwide PBS is in place and is implemented consistently by teachers and staff according to most recent EBS/SAS Survey results.
• A data system for documenting major office discipline referrals and classroom minor behavior infractions that include (a) problem behavior, (b) time of day, (c) location, (d) possible motivation, (e) others involved, and (f) administrative decision taken as a result of the problem behavior.
- Complete a baseline self-assessment of Tiers 2 & 3 implementation using the Tiered Fidelity Inventory (TFI) (Anderson, et al., 2010).
- Engage full staff in a process to evaluate commitment for developing a Tier 2 system and practices.