Schoolwide Positive Behavior Support Schools have a common, non-punitive and instructional approach to discipline. When all staff share in a proactive instructional approach to discipline, all school settings are more predictable and supportive of appropriate student behavior.
The resources on this page are intended to supplement MO SW-PBS regional Tier 1 training.
- Explain the philosophical tenants of a positive, proactive and instructional approach to discipline and the essential components of Missouri Schoolwide Positive Behavior Support (MO SW-PBS).
- Commit to writing a philosophy of discipline and a vision for your school.
- Ensure your school or district mission includes the important role of building student social and academic competence.
- Identify key beliefs or guiding principles about discipline and student behavior that are essential to align your staff and work cohesively as you develop your schoolwide discipline plan.
- Gain commitment from your staff for your important SW-PBS work.