What Next? Become a Preparation Team!
During the first year of partnership with MO SW-PBS, schools will first explore readiness for commitment to developing schoolwide behavioral supports. Once a school or district has made the commitment to implement SW-PBS, teams are trained through a series of state and regional workshops as Preparation Phase Team. Team members who are trained are expected to lead staff in the creation of the SW-PBS systems at the school, and to build capacity among staff members to implement SW-PBS with fidelity. The commitment the leadership team makes to their SW-PBS work includes:
- Actively participate in on-going training (6 per year in the Preparation Phase) and technical assistance activities.
- Meeting at least monthly using a meeting agenda and recording minutes.
- Using data at every team meeting and for decision making.
- Completing appropriate checklists, surveys, forms, and record keeping procedures in a timely manner and submit to SW-PBS Consultant.
- Disseminating information about activities and accomplishments to the school as a whole.
- Developing capacity for district and school-level training and coaching to sustain implementation.
- Collecting, analyzing, and reviewing data to guide implementation and action planning.
- Designating and supporting the school and district coaches in developing coaching capacity.