Students exhibiting more chronic and/or intense behavior problems require specially designed and individualized interventions that match the need, or function, of the behaviors. Functional Behavior Assessments (FBA) are conducted and information from the FBAs are used to develop Behavior Intervention Plans (BIP). Expertise in the science of behavioral assessment is necessary for the development and implementation of individualized support plans. As with Tier 1 and Tier 2 systems of support, the development of Tier 3 systems, data, and practices are led by a team.
Missouri has created a Tier 3 Workbook, an online set of modules to guide teams as they develop systems to support individualized student intervention. The modules contain informational documents and forms to help teams be efficient as they develop Tier 3 systems, data, and practices.
Tier 3 Workbook
Tier 3 Components
- Tier 3 Overview
- Tier 3 Readiness
- Tier 3 Core and Action Teams
- Identifying Students for Individualized Supports
- Functional Behavior Assessment
- Behavior Intervention Plans
- Monitoring Student Progress
- Assessing the Quality of FBAs and BIPs
- Effective Professional Development
- Tiered Fidelity Inventory (TFI)
- Tier 3 Action Planning