Action Plans are useful because they give teams a framework for thinking about how they will efficiently complete a task or project. Action Plans help teams finish activities in a sensible order, and they ensure that key steps are not overlooked. Action plans help teams to hold themselves accountable for completing essential tasks. It is recommended that reviewing the Tier 2 Action Plan is a standard, ongoing agenda item for the Tier 2 Team. The resources on this page are intended to supplement MO SW-PBS regional Tier 2 training.
Action Plan Goals
- Assess readiness for developing a Tier 2 system.
- Gain staff commitment to develop Tier 2.
- Develop a Tier 2 team action plan.
- Establish a team to oversee development and implementation of Tier 2.
- Develop a systematic process to identify students at-risk for social, emotional, and/or behavioral challenges.
- Develop a system for collecting information that identifies function of behavior and matches student need with readily available intervention.
- Identify a system for monitoring student progress.
- Select one small group intervention that will be developed in your setting.
- Pilot the selected intervention with a small number of staff, students, and families.
- Identify additional intervention facilitators as needed so that the intervention can be provided for greater numbers of students and sustained over time.
- Document interventions that are regularly available in your setting.
- Regularly monitor Tier 2 implementation status.
- Develop a system for providing ongoing professional development.