Students must be directly taught expected behaviors. SW-PBS teams develop systems to effectively and efficiently teach students these behaviors.
The resources on this page are intended to supplement MO SW-PBS regional Tier 1 training.
- Understand and explain how teaching social behavioral skills is synonymous with teaching academic skills.
- Develop, with staff, lesson plans to teach your schoolwide expectations and non-classroom specific behaviors and procedures.
- Develop a plan for teaching expectations across schoolwide, non-classroom and classroom settings.
- Use informal teaching strategies that incorporate monitoring, pre-correction, and re-teaching.
- Consider how to gain commitment from all stakeholders on teaching social behavioral skills.
Sample Lessons: Following Directions
Sample Lessons: Cafeteria Procedures
Lesson Plan Templates