2013-2014 Tier 1 Workbook & Resources
SW-PBS Leadership Team Training
Mini Modules for Staff Training
Back to Tier 1 Workbook
Component Purpose: Developing schoolwide a common philosophy of discipline that guides formation and implementation of vision and mission statements that emphasize a proactive instructional approach to supporting social emotional behaviors of all students.
Component Outcomes: Implementing all of the Essential Components of SW-PBS by all staff with all students with sufficient intensity, integrity and consistency such that 80% or more of the students respond by consistently displaying expected behaviors.
Examples of Common Purpose Include:
• Aligning Statement of Purpose with state/district mission statement.
• Embedding commitment to improved social/behavioral/safety goals in School CSIP goals.
• Involving family and community throughout planning and implementation.
• Embedding culturally responsive practices throughout planning and implementation.
Archival Resources from the 12-13 Tier 1 Workbook
• 12-13 Chapter 1: Common Philosophy and Purpose (pages 1-33)
• Antecedent or Consequence? (activity page 19)
• MO SW-PBS Tier 1 Universal Support Checklist WORD PDF (pages 29-31)
• Effective Classroom Practices Checklist WORD PDF (page 33)